Friday, March 14, 2014

Friday Funday

Fridays are the worst. HA! Who says that who thinks that. Listen sometimes Fridays suck because there's no worse feeling than feeling antsy at 3:34 on a Friday afternoon. I swear to god I'm never not antsy at 3:34 on a Friday. And then I take that anxious energy and pick the shit out of my cuticles; if no one is looking I pick the shit out of split ends (sometimes I do it when people are looking sry); my stomach feels queasy and the pointlessness of my life, my job, my existence, bubbles up and splatters all over the damn place. Because I realize I really am working for the weekend. That's who I am now :-( A paper pusher who pushes paper to the front, to the back, sometimes to the side if I'm feeling punchy; and ultimately pushing it toward the soft, gentle glow of Friday at 5:00 p.m. Or 4:53 let's be real. And weekends are great. Don't get it twisted I love sitting around reading for hours, walking for hours, making big meals and filling up my time with shit like that. But I know I'm coming back on Monday! And it's all the same again! And again! Shit I'm only 23 and it already feels like my life is an endless loop of 9-5 days dealing with the same people and the same work with no end in sight, just that glow.

A coworker burst into my office space today, bee-lined for the nearest trashcan like she was going to vomit up her reheated lunch and spat some candy shit out. "Ahh where'd it go?" She bent down and looked for it. "I don't know where it went." She had the gall to laugh! "Sorry if you find something sticky back there..." Bitch! You do not spit out half-chewed candy into my space, miss the trash can and then not pick it up. I made her get on her knees to find it. She did and proceeded to tell me why what just happened happened but ugh it doesn't matter. I work with the weirdest motherfuckers on the East Coast. TGIF I guess!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment