Sunday, April 6, 2014

Wahhhhhh

One of my friends at work recently told me that I give up too quickly. And she is (unfortunately) 100 percent correct. Excuses are so easy to pick up and regardless of how big or small they are, or how many I find along my way (so many!) they fit perfectly in my pocket. But I should really empty out my pockets! I keep saying I want to write and yet.....I'm not writing. I started this blog bored at work thinking it would become some sort of saving grace and yet........less than a week after I started I more or less stopped. I know I could easily find freelance work or even write little things for a journal I once interned for and yet.........I sit on my ass and do nothing. Ugh! I'm the worst!

I decided last week that if I'm still at my job in June I'm going to quit regardless of whether or not I have a new one.This job is killing me, making me miserable, etc etc. If I absolutely have to find something, I will. If I'm comfortable enough I know I'll never be as fully motivated as is necessary. And surprisingly, day after agonizing day, I am comfortable enough. So I guess I need to lose my source of income for that motivation. Yeesh.

I have loads of free time--a nice by-product of having only 2 friends and no hobbies and no boyfriend/hookup/what have you--and instead of shamefully browsing Buzzfeed and crafting some fairly shitty tweets, I could be writing for money! Or at this point writing for free let's be real :-(

The sun's out, it's kinda sorta warm, and I've got my whole life ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment