Thursday, February 18, 2016

It's the little things

I got the job I moaned about a few posts down. Feels really good! The company has money and it shows through in the office space. Employees use nice computers, there's a fridge with beer in it, there's a ping pong table (it's not even a start up!), all rooms are soaked in natural light. Tastefully done, mind you. My last office job at a nonprofit was in a rinky-dink office space where the elevator never worked, the heating system was always fucked up, and only like, 3 people in the whole office had access to color printing. There was one, and only one, single-stall "Employee only" bathroom; how many times did I walk out of that bathroom after taking a shit and see a manager waiting to use it? More than once. The space was right downtown and walking up to the front door often meant skidding past a stranger's vomit from the night before and breathing in piss-rot air.

This new place though. It's on it's own compound. I like it.

Everyone I'm working with seems friendly and open and I'm eager to get to know them. It's a tight group already and I know they're hiring more tech writers....there will be a shift in the dynamic, no doubt, (though I suppose I won't notice) and I hope tensions don't run high.  
I just want you to like me. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment