Wednesday, March 7, 2018

This little blog of mine

I love this little blog. Does anyone still use Blogger? Anyone else out there? Reading about my past goals, dreams, insecurities, is kind of precious. I was so full of want. And then I received what I wanted, and here I am. Still full of it. Does that mean nothing will make me happy? Ah, well.

I am writing for a living and I am writing for pleasure. Though the latter is tougher. The latter hasn't gone as well as I thought it would. And by "well" I mean: my fiction writing class didn't bow down at my feet and christen me the next...whomever, destined to grace the pages of the New Yorker. That one-in-one-million chance. Ah, well.

I still cook, and I'm finally accepting that I'm rather good at it. Cooking for others is nice. It's an ego boost, to be sure, but nourishing loved ones is a treat, an honor.  I always find an excuse to do it.

I I I I every paragraph starting with I. This is my blog, I guess. I've taken a little break, but I think I'll come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment